This Labor Day, the Washington State burn ban has affected us all. But don’t worry! You can still cook s’mores on your gas grill! Just wrap the s’mores in foil and heat them up over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes until the marshmallows melt! And if you’re looking for s’mores with a twist, here is what we found from our friends over at Allrecipes:
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Graham Cracker Crumbs (we added this!)
1. Slit each banana lengthwise through the peel, make sure not to cut all the way through as you want the banana to stay in the peel.
2. Stuff the banana with chocolate and marshmallows. We also added a couple chunks of graham crackers in for a real S’mores taste!
3. Wrap each banana boat in aluminum foil to help make sure the peels don’t burn too badly.
4. Heat BBQ to 300 degrees and place banana boats directly on grill grates. (note: if you rest the banana on the grates they won’t fall over!)
5. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the marshmallows start to melt and brown. The ends of the banana will get dark but that’s OK.
6. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and dig in!
7. If you are looking to make these even more tasty try adding Nutella inside the banana instead of chocolate.