Happy Cinco de Mayo! In honor of today’s holiday we wanted to share our favorite Weber Grills recipe. This is an oldie but goodie. These Beer-Marinated Chicken Tacos will become a family favorite for fiestas large and small!
- 1 cup dark Mexican beer
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each 3 to 4 ounces
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 flour or corn tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Place the thighs in a large, plastic resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place the bag in a bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and salt. Using a fork, mash the ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap, placing it directly on the surface to prevent browning, and refrigerate until about 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Remove the thighs from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Warm the tortillas over direct medium heat for about 1 minute, turning once. Pile the sliced chicken inside the tortillas. Top each with a spoonful of guacamole. Serve warm.
Original recipe available from Weber Grills