Grilled Salmon Avocado SaladPosted: April 28, 2022
- 2-4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, sliced
- 3-4 Romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring healthy to the grill with this grilled salmon avocado salad. This salad is a light, refreshing meal packed with vitamins and minerals geared to keeping you healthy.
HEALTHY BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
Avocados are an excellent source of monounsaturated fat, vitamins E and B, potassium, iron and folate. Studies show avocado can help protect against heart disease and lower blood pressure.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SALMON
Salmon is excellent source of proteins, amino acids, “good” cholesterol, essential minerals like iron, calcium, selenium and phosphorus, as well as vitamins A, B and D. Salmon can boost your metabolism, aid cardiovascular health, improve brain and nerve function, improve eye care, reduce the risk of some cancers and so much more.
The last thing you want to do is get your ingredients ready and ruin the salmon on the grill, here are a few tips to grill salmon.
- Mix honey, soy sauce and cornstarch in a microwaveable bowl and heat for about 30 seconds to blend cornstarch.
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Rub the fillets with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.. Place fish directly on the grill or SABER Stainless Steel Griddle or SABER Steamer Tray
- Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and brush one side with honey soy sauce mix. Place back on the grill for about 5 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Rub the avocado with 1/4 teaspoon of the sesame oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Sear both sides.
- Rub Romaine hearts with remainder of the sesame oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill cut-side down directly on the grates until slightly charred.
- Remove Romaine and avocado from grill and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
- Combine lettuce, salmon and avocado.