The Easiest Way To Remove Your Pool’s Winter CoverPosted: April 28, 2018
If you’re dreaming of the days you can open your pool for Spring, you’ve probably researched “how to remove your winter pool cover”. The thought of opening a pool yourself is a daunting one! Where do you start? Well, you’ve probably found 15 different instructional blogs that include tips like:
- Use a pool skimmer net to remove all the big debris-tree branches, leaves, dirt, and other random things Mother Nature or your neighbors’ kids decided to dump on to your pool cover over the last 8 months.
- Gather a team of 5 of help remove the sort of cleaned off cover.
- Pay for food for the team of 5 so they won’t complain of hunger.
- Fold up 40lb cover only to find in the process you found rips in your cover. Then you have to unfold, repair, let dry, and fold again.
- Store cover.
- Raise the water level of the pool to the recommended level.
- Inspect & reconnect all pool equipment, including pumps & filtration.
- Sweep sides of pool of dirt & grime from your pool walls.
- Use the pool skimmer net to once again, remove more debris from the actual pool.
- Balance chemicals like a mad scientist, and wait 24-48 hours to be sure it’s safe.
- Go to your local Aqua Quip to get your water tested.
- Add chemicals you actually needed to balance your pool’s water.
- Wait another 24-48 hours.
- Be way too exhausted to use your pool & hope summer last 2 months longer than it did last year.
So, what’s the easiest way to remove your winter cover without all the DIY hassle?
Hire our professionals to help you in the process! Schedule your Winter Cover Removal today & let our highly-trained, certified Maintenance Technicians come to your rescue!
Sit back, relax, & call your friends over for the best pool party ever! Start your swimming pool season relaxed! Remember, these days don’t last forever. Enjoy them while you can!