Easy Rosemary Roasted ChickenPosted: April 29, 2022
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 30-50min
Idle Time: 1-4min
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds, neck, giblets, and excess fat removed
- In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into six pieces: two breast halves, two whole legs (thigh and drumstick), and two wings (remove and discard the wing tips). Brush each chicken piece on both sides with the marinade. If you have time, marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for as long as 4 hours. If not, you can roast the chicken right away.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the chicken pieces, skin side down first, over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, until fully cooked, turning once or twice. The breasts and wing pieces will take 30 to 40 minutes and the whole legs will take 40 to 50 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of grilling time, move the chicken over direct heat and cook until well browned all over, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.